Diabetes leads to a reduced life expectancy and quality of life, as well as a greater risk of heart disease, stroke, peripheral neuropathy, renal disease, blindness, and amputation. Genomics testing can help manage your diabetes by extending medical therapies as well as help restore normal glucose metabolism. Genomics test can help you in following ways.
- Gene Testing : which gene is strongly associated with Type 2 Diabetes. Once you know which gene is driving your diabetes you can take preventive actions.
- Pharmacogenomics :Know which antidiabetic will help you the most from the list of all antidiabetic drugs.
- Nutrigenomics: Effect of various food items depend on your genetic profile. Knowing your genetic profile will help you know what to and what not to eat to manage your diabetes.
Diabetes Evaluation :
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin [Glyco Hb / HbA1c]
- Fasting Insulin
Cardiac Disease Risk Evaluation:
- Stress Test
Lipid Profile :
- Total Cholesterol
- TC/HDL Ratio
- LDL/HDL Ratio
Liver Profile :
- Total Bilirubin
- Gamma Glutamyltransferase [GGT]
- Total Protein
- Alkaline Phosphatase [ALP]
- Uric Acid
General Investigations :
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin B12
- X-Ray -Chest PA
Foot profile :
- Vascular doppler with ABI /TBI
- Neuropathy Analyser
- Planter Pressure System
- Genomics testing (Which gene is responsive for diabetes)
- Pharmacogenomics (Which Diabetic Drug suits your body)
- Nutrigenomics (Testing what not to eat to manage your diabetes)